3.08.2011

Weekly Meal Planning

Many of the meals listed are from this
book. ISBN: 9781445405681 
It is almost silly how excited I get over lists. The newest addiction, I mean addition, to my list of lists is the weekly meal plan.

Sitting here with Seamus (my spoiled rotten cat), I open my multitude of cookbooks and allow my mouth to water at the pictures of roasted vegetables and roast chicken. Calling on my memory bank, as well as my journal, I begin to jot down ingredients for next week's meals on two separate-you guessed it-lists: one entitled "Farmer's Market!" with a smiley face and the other "Grocery Store" (you can tell which shopping experience I will enjoy more).

Next week's list of dinners goes as follows:

Monday: Homemade Vegetable Soup
Tuesday: Chicken Fried Steak and Scalloped Potatoes
Wednesday: Rotini and homemade garlic bread (I'm actually going to make the bread myself!)
Thursday: Eggs & Potatoes with bacon, roasted veggies, and buttermilk biscuits.
Friday: Beef Stew and Dinner Rolls
Saturday: Grilled Lime Chicken and Roasted Asparagus
Sunday: Garlic Shrimp on a bed of Angel Hair Pasta

I will be making cookies with the dates I bought at last week's Farmer's Market as well, with the recipe to follow if they turn out okay.

I am much better at planning than actually following through on cooking. I enjoy cooking the tried and true meals I know but am very hard-put to try something new. I am also sure that the sight of me in the kitchen will bring a questioning look to Bobby's face. My amazing boyfriend has thus far done the majority of the cooking.  This will be an excellent exercise in breaking bad habits, it only takes a week to do that... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment