3.02.2011

Cleanin' it Up

Howdy there!

I apologize for the brief lapse in posting, I have fallen prey to being human, I am sick. Let me recap for you what I have been up to in my blogging absence: I have been listening *a-lot* to Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver whilst gardening, driving, and (during the last few days of sickness) sitting on the couch, crocheting. Her book is an excellent read regardless, though especially for any person looking to live self-sustainably. But more on that later, today I want to give you an update on my garden.

We are moving swiftly into the spring growing season and I have yet to get my plants in the ground. Mother nature has not been kind to my yard, a lovely wind has knocked over one of my orange trees into a portion of it, preventing me from weeding a large area until the property managers can remove said-tree.

But, being the stubborn Daenitz that I am, I persisted to weed the rest of the yard as best as I could, even with the looming cold that was already beginning to stuff my sinuses.

Below are a few pictures of what my yard looked like before weeding.




5 comments:

  1. Alright I see a pile of weeds there in the last picture. I remember laying those bricks. It looks great. I especially like the picture looking from beside the house (the button). Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the tree that was blown over by the wind. has it been removed yet or are they lagging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still waiting for the "Expert Tree Removing" service guy to come and take care of it. I offered to rent a chainsaw and do the dirty job myself but either my property managers do not think I am capable of wielding a sharp piece of machinery that weighs more than I do, or else they are just wanting to make sure it gets done right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather,
    Very excited for you! This is very cool. Last year Torry built new garden bins for me to grow more veges. They are beautiful and I enjoy them so much. I still have the old bins too. If you are ever down this way stop by and say hi. I have some pictures on my facebook of the garden. Good luck with the tree reomoval. Can't wait to hear what you plant and how it goes. Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Claudine! I will be down in the area towards the end of April hopefully! I'll e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete